This recipe came from yokospungeon via lizmopuddy but originally came from Johnnydsgirl, so thank you :o) I made it today and the troops thoroughly enjoyed it! I did really want to make the veggie version but they didnt have any Quorn at the supermarket..... Can you beleive that!!!!????
1 packet puff pastry - 1 packet of Ouorn peices (or 4 chicken breasts chopped)- 1 onion - 50g frozen peas - 40z mushrooms - 1 clove garlic - 1 red pepper - 1 green pepper - 25g flour - 25g butter - 125ml milk - 125ml stock - pinch of mustard powder - fresh parsley - beaten egg for glaze
- Preheat oven to 220C
- Fry Quorn/Chicken peices in butter (i used olive oil) and set aside
- Fry onions, peppers and garlic (i roughly chopped all these)
- Add mushrooms and cook over a low heat
- Add flour and cook for 2 mins
- Add milk and stock slowly, stirring continuously. Bring to the boil
- Add Quorn/Chicken and simmer for 5 minutes
- Add peas, mustard and parsley.
- Transfer to a shallow casserole dish and top with a pastry lid. Brush with the egg
- Cook in the oven for 30 minutes or until the pastry is cooked through and golden.
I must say, im not known for following recipes exactly so for mine, firstly i had to double the quantities (as i was feeding 6) and i used a teaspoon of mustard powder. I dont like green peppers so i added small fresh broccoli florets instead..... Heres the result......
It was delicious!!!!! I served it with a vegetable selection and roast potatoes......